Monday, August 3, 2009

Leaving the Philippines....

A little Tribe on the way to the Great Pacific...
We are leaving Surigao today. Here we made new friends, cute little kids waving at us everytime we arrive by dinghy ashore and shouting out loud our names...Bowiiiiiiie, Rembo, Fred (aka Phil), Josh, Steeeeeeph...
I will not forget the Immigration Officer of Surigao, we got to know and appreciate each other after I spent a whole day and a half in his smoky office struggling with paperwork, talking on the phone to his boss in Manilla and trying not to pay the extra money he was asking from us... We became best friends in the end and he offered to drive me back to the boat and bought me fried banana's...I love the Philippines !
Next Port of Entry: Palau.
Stephanie










No comments:

Post a Comment