Thursday, May 14, 2009

here some pics...

Hi there, it has been a long time, I think I will share with you what it has been like for me to be aboard the Infinity. Here it goes…...
How did I get here?
Hmm, this is a beautiful story that I have the great pleasure to share with you.
I was already in India for 1 year and needed a new visa, and had to go somewhere out of India.
When I heard that Thailand is a beautiful place to sail, I checked the Internet and found Clemens in two places, the Find a Crew and Couchsurfing, when I saw his project and the photos, I immediately fell in love.
After several contacts by e-mail with Clemens, who is always very friendly and attentive,
I arrived in Bangkok. The same day I was on board of Infinity: my wish came true. Being on a boat again after 1 year without sailing was my goal. So I within just 1 day of my arrival in Bangkok I’m back on board a sail boat!
I thought I would only stay for a few days, but 3 months have passed and the adventure continues and I hope more ... 3 years… Wow…without planning…and by going along with the flow…life always leads me to the right place. Being aboard the Infinity and part of this project could not be more of a gift to me in this moment...

When I arrived we were only 6 aboard, now the tribe has grown and each member brings his/her peculiarity that makes me feel at home and happy.

Tara and Ruben are of course an important point in this sense. They are intelligent, creative, adventurous, and are travelers by nature. I remember when I was their age, and I see myself with that dream, to live on a sailing boat and travel around the world.
Tara has a natural talent for drawing, playing instruments and her love for horses is just amazing. I’m glad I got the opportunity to catch a glimpse of her with her cat Mia.
It is fun to listen to Tara take a piano lesson as she picks up a song so quickly…My Darling Clementine is the latest song she is learning.

Ruben’s power is to jump from one point to another. He is always helping the boys work and sometimes this is not very easy for a boy in his age. Just look at this photo of Ruben…he is in the tank room which is located at the back of the boat. That room is hot as hell and stuffy but he did not complain at all.
He can drive the dingy by himself…and one night he went off on his own chasing a fire fly. He loves to wakeboard and he is very good in that. Both Tara and Ruben are for sure a fascinating presence and they make my days full of joy.

We had a few weeks ago - when we were still only 6 on board - a Theater Workshop which was 4 days of rest and creativity. We (me, Tara, Ruben and our theatre teacher Magic) made some clown noses, which was a moment of complete pleasure.
It was for me an opportunity to perform again in a relaxed atmosphere, without pretention, using improvisation – like on the Saturday when we invited friends to share our co-fraternisation dinner.

About the big boys: they are beautiful and I have lots of great and fun moments with them, enjoying conversations and sharing our adventures. Of course, I also feel like pulling their ears at times when they don’t keep things in order, but they are always ready to make an effort and put everything in order and clean.
I want to say a few words about Clemens who isn’t only a good Captain but works hard and still takes time to be a doctor and is an amazing fathers, as well as a very good friend, like a brother. Thank you very much Clemens for been so wonderful with me.

The girls, Stephanie and me were very happy with the arrival of Sophia (with her Indian-English, an accent that sounds wonderful to my ears). I am sharing my Cabine with her and she decorated it with some indian details that make me feel more at home and happy.

The intensive work continues and I have to thank Sophie for putting some pictures of me working - in one of our conversations we joked on the fact that people might think that I don`t do anything here, because there were no pictures of me working in the blog, and the work has been intense for me as well. Sometimes it seems that the work will never end, but we are all motivated to finish and leave as soon as possible.

Now we are almost done and ready for the first part of the trip. With the return and help of Randy and Cary, the days pass more quickly and the boat takes shape. At the end of the day, our post-dinner conversations on the deck, watching the moon and stary sky with a light breeze after a long day of work, are incredible moments. We share together the incredible feeling of one more productive day, and the joy of knowing that soon we will be on our way to one more adventure, meeting new friends on the way.. Heading to Singapore and in kota kinabalu very soon. Talk to you soon …









No comments:

Post a Comment